Jon Adams – Doctoral Student and Adjunct Faculty
I am a Cybersecurity Doctoral Student at Marymount University. My research interests include Human Factors in Cybersecurity, Privacy Enhancing Tech, and Endpoint/Mobile Device Security. My dissertation is broadly about human factors related to the adoption of good cyber hygiene and corporate policy compliance.
More on my teaching experience can be found at my GMU Homepage
Projects and Research:
- Dissertation Research (TBD): Tentative Title: The Effect of Security Awareness Training and Leadership Commitment on Security Compliance Intent, Update: 26 May 2021 – Passed dissertation proposal defense and obtained IRB approvals
- Master’s Project (Dec 2002): A Distributed Peer-to-Peer Web Search Engine using JXTA.
- GIAC Certification Capstone: Adams, J. K. (2019). WiFiCue: Public Wireless Access Security Assessment Tool – GCIA Gold Paper, September 2019.
Refereed Journals and Conference Papers
- Adams, J. K. & Liu, M. (2022, August). Impact of User Experience and Comprehension on Security Awareness Training. In Proceedings of the 2022 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2022). *top 25% paper*
- Adams, J. K. (2006). A Service-Centric Approach to a Parameterized RBAC Service. In Proc. of the 5th International Conference on Applied Computer Science (ACOS ’06), pp. 1050-1055.
Presentations/ Posters/ Student Papers
- Adams, J. K. (2001). A Low-Cost Web Server Solution Using Linux. 2001 ADMI Symposium Student Paper
ACM Digital Library Author Profile: https://dl.acm.org/profile/81484643353