Jon Adams – Doctoral Student and Adjunct Faculty
I am a doctoral student at Marymount University in Cybersecurity. My dissertation chair is Dr. Michelle Liu. I passed my dissertation proposal exam in late May 2021.
I’m interested in Human Factors in Cybersecurity, Privacy Enhancing Technologies, and Endpoint/Mobile Device Security. My dissertation is, broadly, about human factors related to the adoption of good cyber-hygiene and corporate policy compliance.
More on my teaching experience can be found at my GMU Homepage
Projects and Research:
- Dissertation Research (TBD): Tentative Title: The Effect of Security Awareness Training and Leadership Commitment on Security Compliance Intent, Update: 26 May 2021 – Passed dissertation proposal defense and obtained IRB approvals
- Master’s Project (Dec 2002): A Distributed Peer-to-Peer Web Search Engine using JXTA.
- GIAC Certification Capstone: Adams, J. K. (2019). WiFiCue: Public Wireless Access Security Assessment Tool – GCIA Gold Paper, September 2019.
Refereed Journals and Conference Papers
- Adams, J. K. & Liu, M. (2022, August). Impact of User Experience and Comprehension on Security Awareness Training. In Proceedings of the 2022 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2022). *top 25% paper*
- Adams, J. K. (2006). A Service-Centric Approach to a Parameterized RBAC Service. In Proc. of the 5th International Conference on Applied Computer Science (ACOS ’06), pp. 1050-1055.
Presentations/ Posters/ Student Papers
- Adams, J. K. (2001). A Low-Cost Web Server Solution Using Linux. 2001 ADMI Symposium Student Paper
ACM Digital Library Author Profile: https://dl.acm.org/profile/81484643353